What causes headaches and slight chills with large boils on body?

I had two large boils, one under my armpit and one on my hip. They have both started to drain but with the one on my hip the pus will not come out unless I actually pick it out. Part of the area is also black. If I pick the pus out it will leave a large hole in my hip the size of a dime. I also have been getting horrible headaches and slight chills. I have checked my vitals and everything has actually been great with those. Do I need to go to the hospital or do you think this can wait tip the morning and call my regular doctor? Also if it safe to keep the pus in there for now until I go to the doctor because I feel like I'm gonna faint every time I attempt to pick it out.
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: This needs to be seen by doctor immediately. Detailed Answer: Hello. Since you are having chills also the infection is not localized to boils now.You need care of your doctor and good antibiotic cover. Ideally it is better to get the pus out as soon as possible.But it is also a painful procedure.Ideally this should be done by doctor by incision and drainage to completely remove the pus.It is not safe to keep the pus inside. In case its gonna take time to see doctor apply warm pads on the boil, this will help drain the pus sooner. Please visit your doctor or ER soon.Feel free to ask if there are any doubts.Regards.
Follow-up: What causes headaches and slight chills with large boils on body? 41 minutes later
Do you think it's safe to wait about 9 hours tip the morning to see my regular doctor or should I go to the ER. I would rather wait to see my doctor but if you think I should go to the hospital I will.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Keep watch on fever and chills Detailed Answer: Hello, You can wait, but keep watch on symptoms like fever and chills. Regards.