What causes headache while taking Losartin?
User rating for this question
I am taking Losartin and having it seems a lot of reactions. Such as sleeping a lot, headaches.
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Side Effect of Losartan Detailed Answer: Hello, I went through your history.As you are a hypertensive and diabetic, Losartan is a wonderful drug for treating hypertension in patients with diabetes. This drug delays the progression of diabetic nephropathy (end stage kidney disease) in hypertensive patients and also helps in preventing stroke. Losartan belongs to a class of drugs called angiotensin receptor blockers.It acts by blocking the action of angiotensin and dilates blood vessels thereby reducing blood pressure. Definitely Losartan is a wonderful drug but it's not free of side effects. Most common side effects that i have noticed in my patients are headaches, dizziness ,light headedness and mild allergic reactions. It is also known to cause dry cough,insomnia(loss of sleep), muscle cramps and nasal congestion. so the headaches and the reactions you are experiencing are surely the side effects of this drug. If the reactions are severe ,i would suggest you to consult your treating doctor for further evaluation. Hope I have cleared all your queries.Feel free to post any other query related to this. Thank you.
People also viewed
- Loose motions due to rum treatment
- Lung scars due to tb
- Night sweats due to iron tablets
- Is insomnia occurs due to risdone plus
- What si the cause for headache after taking xanax
- What is borax glycerin
- Medical uses of glycerin of borax
- My mantoux test ususually is borderline
- What causes sinus headache while taking levocetirizine
- What is the cause of severe headache while having hypothyroidism
- What causes headache while taking losartin
- Treatment for lock jaw due to tobacco
- Boogers smell like poo
- Skin sock imprint from tight boot
- What causes headaches while pregnant