What causes headache and pressure behind the eyes?

having head pressure throughtout head and slight aches and pains throughtout. it all started one day when blood pressure or sugar felt like it dropped and developed lightheadedness and loss of balance along with pressure on forehead and real bad cloudy feeling very hard to concentrate.Have been to my GP and he sent me for multiple test. Cardiologist, sleep study, ENT, and to get a non contrast MRi which were all normal. This has been going on for 2 moths or more. The pressure has reduced but still present throughout and still daul pains around head and above/behind eye area. The doctor also put me on a sinus medicine with sudafed in it and also prscribed flonaze. Still no change.
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Need to take analgesics for pain relief. Detailed Answer: Hello Welcome to health care magic It seems from the history that you are having headache and pressure behind the eyes for last two months. The most common cause for this headache is sinusitis as suspected from your doctor. Sinusitis is commonly associated with cold and cough and if any of these symptoms are present this confirms the diagnosis. The treatment you are on in the form of sudafed consisting of decobgestants and flonaze containing steroids is correct and you can continue the same. But for pain relief you need to use analgesics and antiinflammatory drugs. Along with this steam inhalation will provide better symptomatic relief. The other causes need to be considered are refractive error and primary headaches like migraine and tension headache. If you do not have cold and cough needs to be evaluated for these other common causes. Hence I advice you to continue treatment asadvised by your doctor and do take analgesics and di steam iinhalation, I hope this will be sufficient. If the symptoms still persist as I have mentioned you need to be evaluated for other causes. Hope I have answered your question and the information is helpful to you. Thank you
Follow-up: What causes headache and pressure behind the eyes? 8 hours later
It all started immediate one day. I was sitting eating lunch and got this weird dizzy feeling and cold and clammy. Then the sudden front lobe pressure above both eyes on forhead. That's the thing that make me think not sinusis. Plus some days it feels fine for most of day and others it bothers me all day. It feels a lot better when I lay down or when I exercise. It's very weird and drives me crazy. It don't feel like a normal headache. But dull pain and pressure throughout.
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Primary headaches needs to be ruled out. Detailed Answer: Hello Thank you for the follow up. As you have mentioned that headache is present only few days and decreases with exercises, associated with dizziness.... Since you had already undergone extensive evaluation and investigations including MRI and since all are normal, I would like to consider primary headaches as the first cause. Hence as of now you can start with analgesic drugs for pain relief and evaluation to find out the type of primary headache and treatment accordingly. The common types of primary headaches are migraine, cluster headache, tension headache..... Hence I advice you to consult your doctor and discuss with him regarding further mode of treatment as sinus medicines may not be help in your case. Hope I have answered your question and the information is helpful to you. Thank you