What causes headache and light headedness after an injury?

Neurologist, Surgical
Question
hit my head 4 days ago, headache a little light headed and a stiff neck. i just had a x ray on mg neck and skull.. normal.... should i be worried?
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Praveen K Nath 2 hours later
Brief Answer: headache / nothing much to worry Detailed Answer: Dear sir Hello I have gone through your medical history . Post injury mild light headedness , without any history of unconciousness /vomitings is as such not a cause of concern . Stiff neck may need some treatment like ANALGESICS+MUSCLE RELAXANTS , analgesic gels for local application, bed rest etc. In my opinion observation for symptoms like headache /vomitings /giddiness should be observed for initial 6/7 days . If any of these symptoms appear , CT SCAN brain can be done . Wishing you a speedy recovery Thanx Dr Praveen k Nath Director Deptt . of neurosurgery

Follow-up: What causes headache and light headedness after an injury? 1 hour later
so i dont need to worry about a concussion? im able to drive and alll

Answered by Dr. Praveen K Nath 1 hour later
Brief Answer: concussion unlikely . Detailed Answer: Dear sir Hello You XXXXXXX t need to worry about ,if there is no vomiting /giddiness /drowsiness etc. In my opinion you should observe yourself for initial 6/7 days , then you can drive . Wishing you a complete recovery Thanx Dr XXXXXXX k XXXXXXX

Follow-up: What causes headache and light headedness after an injury? 7 minutes later
well i went to 3 doctors in the last 2 days.... pupils are fine and not diluted.... and they say theres no concussion.... i just need to drive alot because of errens i have.... thats why i asked you

Answered by Dr. Praveen K Nath 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: YOU CAN DRIVE Detailed Answer: Dear sir Hi In my opinion , if your clinician has checked & all the parameters are normal, you can safely drive . If headache is increasing , only then you need a CT SCAN brain . Thanx Dr XXXXXXX k XXXXXXX

Follow-up: What causes headache and light headedness after an injury? 18 hours later
it happened again .... i hit/scraped the back of my head on the plastic part of mh washing line lol ..... just sore head ... no other symptoms

Brief Answer: wait & watch Detailed Answer: Dear sir Hello Please take care . If the hit was asymptomatic , not to worry . In my opinion you should take some analgesics . Watch for symptoms like headache /vomiting/drowsiness etc. Thanx Dr XXXXXXX k XXXXXXX