What causes headache after sneezing?
User rating for this question
Hi. Yesterday I had a sneezing fit. Then, a headache on one side of my head right afterward, near the temple. I took a Benadryl and it eased the headache. I still felt some pain when I coughed a little. Then, it was gone. Today, I sneezed again, the pain came back on the same side, and when I blew my nose there was a small amount of blood from the nostril on the side of the headache. Now, it's gone. What the heck's going on? Sinusitis? Thank you!
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Sinus headache Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for your query. 1. The headache after sneezing is most likely to be a sinus headache. 2. The Benadryl will help control the allergy and sneezing. Keep your mouth open while sneezing. 3. It would be ideal to get the nose examined, though a slight blood bleeding should not be a cause for worry. Its just that a one sided bleeding must be examined closely. 4. Decongestant medication may help. This will require a prescription. 5. If this does not subside in an few days, a nasal endoscopy and a sinus x-ray will help rule out sinusitis. I hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be available to answer them. Regards.
People also viewed
- What causes persistent sneezing after waking up
- I feel like something's stuck in my clitoral hood
- What could cause bumps on lips during pregnancy
- Nostrils drips clear liquid
- Intergluteal cleft v shaped
- Phlegm in throat clenbuterol
- Can headaches nausea and memory lapses result from head injury
- What is causing dizziness after sneezing
- Is sneezing a cause for sharp headache
- What is the reason for prolonged chest pain
- Can medicine for tb be taken while breastfeeding
- What causes headache after sneezing
- What causes runny nose sneezing after colonoscopy
- Can i take btn fotre for hair loss
- Pounding in ears when climbing stairs