What causes head rolling and eye rolling?

Pathologist and Microbiologist
I have been noticing that my adult daughter seems to roll her head alot. She is more comfortable when the head is listing to the right and her eyes seem to roll (she reminds me of how XXXXXXX Fox moves)
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibility of drug abuse or seizures Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query on HealthCareMagic. There is a history of drug abuse in the past, although you have not mentioned the drugs which your daughter was taking. The symptoms of head rolling and eye rolling could be due to the effect of the drug over dose. This possibility has to be kept because of past history. Else there symptoms are usually seen in seizures. Seizures are of various types. There are some seizures which are very obvious those seen in epilepsy. And there are some which are very subtle, wherein there is just twitching or rolling of eyes or even loss of consciousness for fraction of second. I would suggest you to see your daughters treating doctor first to look for any evidence of drug abuse. If none is found, you can consult a neurologist to rule out seizures. If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer. Dr Shailja P Wahal