What causes head presuure with blurred vision and dizziness?

Hi, I suddenly get severe pressure in the head, blurred vision and dizziness . sometimes lasts only a few minutes, however, when it lasts a long time I also get a bad pain in the back of my right ear. please help me I just feel like bashing my own head in a wall. Most of these start with some kind of vibration first, then pressure in the head, blurred vision then the dizziness as if I am on a plane getting ready to land wanted to mention that my fridge, microwave, elevator in my building, subway vibrations also cause these to begin
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Could be Vertigo Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Your symptoms can be termed as Vertigo. Vertigo is caused by defects in the vestibular apparatus which is an extension of the inner ear. Ear infection in the past is the common cause for such vestibular defect. Vibrations of any sort can alter the mechanics in the vestibular apparatus and trigger a episode of dizziness. Medications like Bethistine or Cinnarizine is the best choice for such problems. I suggest you to consult a Ear nose throat specialist to get examined, confirm the diagnosis and get the medications prescribed. Wish you good health. regards,
Follow-up: What causes head presuure with blurred vision and dizziness? 18 hours later
Want to thank you so much. When I had gone to the emergency room they prescribed Meclizine, which did help with the dizziness and nausea, however, did nothing for the pressure. I will be going to the hospital on Monday morning and will speak to my doctor about Bethistine, which you advised may help with the pressure. Again thank you so much. I thought I was going crazy. Thank you !!!!!!!
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
Brief Answer: You are welcome Detailed Answer: Thanks for using this service. Your review would be appreciated. Regards,