What causes hands and feet to become cold and fingers becoming purple?

Hello! I have issues with my hands and feet being very cold. During the winter, the fingers on my right hand will turn purple. Is this just arthritis??
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 22 minutes later
not this is not the arthritis this could be due to low blood supply because of cold use hand glows keep the hand worm
Follow-up: What causes hands and feet to become cold and fingers becoming purple? 21 hours later
Thank you, Is there anything else I can do to increase blood flow? Thanks, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your query I will like to tell you that you are suffering from Raynauds phenomenon . It can be present in young girls without any other disease and may be innocent . But it is also associated with autoimmune diseases like SLE etc . Which needs to be ruled out . Anail fold capillaroscopy will help in establishing a diagnosis . Other autoimmune tests need to be done like . ANA , ENA Profile etc. You will need to see a rheumatologist for this as physical examintion will be very important in this regard . Examination of all peripheral pulses is also required . Take care. Dr. Shruti