What causes groin pain area following masturbating?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2014
Apr 2014

Radiologist
Question
I got pain in my groin area following masturbating. It was very bad in the morning and with walking improved. I took Naproxen and it cured the program 80% I still get slight pain in the morning and when I sit for a long period. When my bladder is full before I urinate, a little discomfort. Do I have anything to be concerned. no masturbating for a few weeks now. I took Naproxen and there was immediate improvement. I stopped taking naproxen after three days
Posted Mon, 16 Dec 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Pain may be due to muscle pull. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX Groin pain may be due to muscle spasm during masturbation.You are 68 years old and there are more chances of muscle pull. You have taken right medicines.Treatment is rest and analgesics for 3-4 days. For urinary bladder discomfort,ultrasonography of abdomen should be done. Prostate can also be evaluated by USG. If Pain persists,get clinically examined by surgeon. As you have history of stomach bleeding,you should be cautious in taking Naproxen or Ibuprofen.Take these medicines after food and take esomeprazole half hour before food when you taking these analgesics. You should continue your medicines for hypertension,elevated cholesterol and altered thyroid profile. Get well soon Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX