What causes groin pain after a vaginal probe?

I have just had a vaginal probe with the wand because I have been having a mostly dull pain in the very lower right hand side of my groin area. I am 77 years old and my doctor at first exam thought it could be my uteris. What else could it be and what treatment would be offered?
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Needs investigations. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The dull pain that you are having could be due to pudendal neuralgia; muscle strain; herniated discs; spondylottic changes of the spine etc. If the vaginal causes have been ruled out then it is best to consult a neurophysician and get an MRI scan of the area done to find out the exact cause. The treatment then can be given according to the cause. most of the times taking muscle relaxants and mild pain killers are helpful. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Follow-up: What causes groin pain after a vaginal probe? 13 hours later
My doctor on examination touched my uteris and that was were the pain was almost unbearable.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Can be due to PID- pelvic inflammation. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing again. An unbearable pain on touching the uterus can be due to a chronic pelvic infection or inflammation or a nerve related cause. Further investigations including an ultrasound scan are needed to fond out the exact cause. Hope my answer is helpful. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health. Regards