What causes greenish/yellow stool with difficutly in passing stools?

My stools have been soft but greenish/yellow & are difficult to expel. Please help.
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibilities: Infection or GIT dysfunction ma'm Detailed Answer: Hello ma'am and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. The cause for such an appearance could either be a dystunction in the gastrointestinal tract (GIT) or an infection. Either way, your stool sample will have to be to a laboratory for examination, based on which medication will be prescribed to help your stool to return to a normal consistency, and also help your GIT to function normally again. But for now if you feel discomfort due to difficulty in passing stools, we could help you by prescribing any over-the-counter laxative. Normall, we would not be worries to advise this to other patients, but taking your age into consideration I wojld prefer it if you were under a doctors supervision ma'am, as some elderly may experience reactions to laxatives. Also, please make sure you keep yourself well hydrated at all times. I hope you find my resoonse helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help. Best wishes.