What causes greenish tinge of the stool with white circles?

I have been having very large stool that almost clog the toilet and now the color is light yellowish brown./green I have chronic pain syndrome from MS .I also have constipation often which I know can be caused by pain medicine I also notice small white circles in my stool and at times pain in my pelvic area. I did have a total hystorectomy at age 27 now I am 59. thank you inadvance for your help
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Can be due to laxative use. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The greenish tinge of the stool with white circles can happen due to anxiety and stress, laxative use, antibiotic use, irritable bowel syndrome, etc. A recent change in the diet and improper digestion may also cause change in stool color. There is nothing much to worry. Just wait and watch for the stool color for few days to come back to normal on its own. Do take plenty of fluids orally and a fiber rich diet to soften your stools. The change in the color is not likely to be related to any pathology. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal.