What causes green stool along with dizziness and sickness?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
hi my name is XXXXXXX and i have been pooping green for about a month now and i now feel sick and dizzy can you please tell me whats wrong
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestions... Detailed Answer: Hi, Having pooping green might be related to: - foods you eat (especially green leaves) - medications you take (like vitamins) - if associated with diarrhea (passing stool more than 3 times/day,fever,etc.) might be because of intestinal infection. I'd suggest to do examination of stool: - for ova/parasites - culture for bacteria/candida - do abdominal ultrasound - consult GI specialist - do testing for occult blood in feces Meanwhile, I advise to: - drink more pure water - take otc o.r.s. - if diarrhea, take tasectan and probiotic to optimize the normal intestinal flora - keep good hygiene - have your meals regularly At last, please consult with your GI as soon as possible! Dr.Bardha
Follow-up: What causes green stool along with dizziness and sickness? 9 minutes later
should i go to the er if it gets worse?
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, can go to ER if it's getting worse.... Detailed Answer: Hi my dear, Yes, if you cannot have an appointment with your GI specialist and have 1 month of green stool and being dizzy, can go to ER! Please take into account my suggestions and keep following up with the specialist! Wish you fast recovery Dr.Bardha