What causes gas,white tissue like stool after colonoscopy?

General Surgeon
I have recently had a colonoscopy , well September, they found two bulbous palips and removed both, those same symtems I had prior to that procedure have come back with a vengeance, with one major exception in addition to the constant pai of severe lower gas, now the last two bowel movements have done nothing but eject small white tissue , looking like nothing more then flat piece of cotton....what now why cant I just get an answer in this forum? is this still part of the healing process of the last procedure or is something else going on is this working
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer: likely to be due constipation Detailed Answer: Greetings of the day Dear Mr Cakeady Thank you very much for your patience. As the pathological polyp were removed, I do not find any problem with the colonoscopy. It takes 15 days post procedure of polyp removal for the healing to be complete. Colonoscopy itself is unlikely to cause the symptoms which you are facing. It's likely to be done unaddressed problem. I have many patients referred to me with similar complaints and I have noted that preexisting constipation was not addressed both pre and post procedure. Constipation is the commonest cause for such symptoms, especially in patients over age of 50 years. I would suggest you the following measures which will definitely help 1. Consume enough water- ensure waste intake of at least 2-3 liter per day. 2. Consume high fiber diet - it's very beneficial for colonic motility 3. Avoid constipating food like refined wheat flour, cakes, cookies, biscuits 4. Orally taken laxative may be helpful. Consult your Surgeon if the symptoms still persists Waiting your speedy recovery. Wishing you a happy and healthy life. In case you need any further assistance will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS,MS,MCh Consultant Surgeon