What causes gas in chest when suffering from stomach infection?
User rating for this question
Hi for the past few days whenever i eat i have a gas formation in my chest and that leads to back pain, i vomit a lot and at the same time i get diarrahea sometimes, can u pls explain what is the disease that i am suffering.
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: possible food poisoning Detailed Answer: Hi Mrs XXXXXXX welcome to XXXXXXX It seems you have developed acidity due to infection of the gut secondary to possible food poisoning. Any infection in the gut can ferment the food and release excess gas that fills the intestines, leading to bloating and diffuse pain abdomen that can radiate to back also. you need antacids like omeprazole for a few days for that, along with a course of antibiotics. Avoid hot and spicy foods, take cold water sips till you get relieved. You may also need antiemetics like ondancetron tablets for vomitings. Hope this will help. If you have any queries, please post back. All the best.
People also viewed
- What causes gas in chest when suffering from stomach infection
- Stomach infection causes
- Chronic idiopathic neutropenia causes
- Complete shock causes
- Migraine teeth hurt
- Recurrent stomach infection causes
- Transitional carcinoma causes
- What cause and treatment for stomach infection
- Hand soles cramps causes
- Microgynon 30 fatigue
- Menstrual cycle 28 days with nuva ring
- Coincidental viral fever causes
- What causes constant stomach infection and chest pain
- Meningocele and lipomeningocele
- Memory power tips ayurvedic