What causes full body skin rash?

I have a full body rash that wasnt painful or very itchy. Ive had it for 5 days and its now and its starting to flake and itch mildly. What could it be?
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Allergic rash Detailed Answer: Hello friend, Welcome to healthcaremagic. I am Dr. Charu. I have read your query and have seen your pic. I will try my best to solve your query. It seems to be some allergic rash to me. This type of rash can be due to number of reasons like any drugs, seasonal variation, hot weather, some food. I would like to know whether you have any history of drug intake like pain killers or antibiotics in last 1-4 weeks of appearance of rash? Whether you have any history of travel from one place to another? What about the temperature of the your residential place? Usually any allergic rash starts subsiding within 1 week one the precipitating factor is removed. Additionally such rash heals leaving behind scaling associated with mild itch. Kindly reply to my questions so that i can help you further. By the time, you can start taking antihistaminics like tab levocetrizine 5 mg night time and tab allegra morning. You may also apply calamine lotion over the rash twice daily for symptomatic relief. Hope i am able to explain you. Please get back to me and reply to my questions so that diagnosis can be confirmed. Thanx