What causes frontal headaches?

My daughter has soccer and or track practice daily. She has experienced frontal headaches and smells blood.. This occurs with or without exertion . It passes quickly. She is 15
Posted Fri, 7 Mar 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Differential diagnosis Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. The symptom that you are describing is probably olfactory hallucinations. I see many such patients in my clinic and i generally have a list of diagnosis which needs to be investigated one after other. 1. Nasal pathology like crusting or infection. Needs proper nasal examination. 2. Simple partial seizure- this reauires EEG for proper seizure monitoring. 3. Migraine - some migarines may be accompaied with such smells. The headache should fit into a specific description. No investigations available, its a clinical diagnosis. 4. Brain tumors- although not common but any case of headache with olfactory hallucinations should be investigated with a CT scan brain as many times a brain tumor can present with such symptom. These options have to be evaluated one after another. No need to panic but one needs to be cautious. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.