What causes frequent vomiting, diarrhea and painful bowel movement?

Iv'e been throwing up constantly for 7-8 weeks, it never ends even water, i also have bouts of diarrhea my last bowel movement was so painful i felt like every organ inside me was being cut up!also just mucus.most of the time i cant sleep because with every heartbeat there is a pricking type pain with each beat. and i feel each beat!this started after 2-3 weeks of the constant vomiting. iv'e lost 10 lbs in 6 weeks i just broke out in cold sores under my lip i have horrible chills and cant seem to leave the couch. i used to have so much energy i could not sit still. my dr's nurse practitioner told me to stay on the prilocec for 6 weeks thing is i never mentioned heartburn which i still do NOT HAVE! i have an app with the NP today and i don't know what i will do if she sends me home! i know i belong in the hosp. I am a healthy active 47 year old woman the pain with each heartbeat is driving me crazy it is something you shouldn't even be aware of! i'm terrified! please respond asap. thank you...XXXXX..
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later
Brief Answer: it's surprising to have no answers Detailed Answer: Hello, You have been throwing up constantly for 7 to 8 weeks, and nothing ever has been done about it? There must be something wrong in the stomach. Was an upper gastrointestinal endoscopy done to look at possible causes? Did your doctor diagnose you with a condition and what other medicines were used to treat you apart from Prilosec? The diarrhea is concerning as well. The endometriosis problem was quite horrible in you, which was present everywhere in the stomach, intestines. Has it returned by any chance? Why did you have to vomit a yearlong with your guts out all day? There seems a serious pathology somewhere. Could be a cancerous condition of the intestines? You have lost 10lbs in 6 weeks. This is not something just a heartburn. It seems more concerning. The cold sores could be due to low immunity. Why don't you meet your doctor instead of the NP? We need serious consideration of your health concerns here. I am afraid the NP would be able to guide you more. I would do a complete intestinal evaluation in you - both upper GI endoscopy and a colonoscopy. It could be intestinal stricture, obstructions, polyps in the colon, cancerous growths, crohn's or even ulcerative colitis. These serious conditions cannot be overlooked. Second, your pricking type pain with each heartbeat. It could be due to anxiety, over-exhaustion due to constant vomiting, heart related or pleurisy. You must get a baseline ECG to rule out heart conditions, and a chest x-ray if required. It is not like something that you shouldn't be aware of. Some people face it normally. I am perplexed with your situation as well. Would be glad to discuss further on this. Regards,