Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes frequent urination with traces of blood?

General Surgeon
Hello. I think I might have a uti. Since last night I have been frequently urinating even though I go, straight after I feel like I need to go again. I have this pressure feeling that is there constantly, but is worse especially towards the end of peeing. Tonight I've found there is blood when I wipe. It's not bad but it's noticeable. I've been taking ural today. Not seeing any results yet lol. Can u recommend anything?
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: can be even a bladder stone. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX This is Dr. Ashish Verma, a general surgeon, answering to your query. Your symptoms looks more of a bladder stone than a uti. Bladder stone usually present with pain at the end of urination and blood in urine and also increased frequency of urine. UTI is usually there in presence of stones. I would suggest that you get an ultrasound of your abdomen to rule out stone and a urine routine test for presence of uti. The further management will depend upon the reports. Hope that i have answered to all your queries. If you have further queries, i will be glad to answer them. Regards, Dr. Ashish Verma