What causes frequent urination when suffering from type 2 diabetes?

Yes hi, I'm a type 2 diabetic and I recently lost my insurance so I haven't been to my doctor! I'm currently working on getting a new plan! I need to know why I am going to the bathroom to urinate very often, especially with water, it seems I can't hold it to long? When I go to bed I'm thirsty and drink lots of water, but I also get up and urinate a lot?
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 58 minutes later
Brief answer....your diabetes seems to be uncontrolled. Detailed answer..... Hello, Thanks for the query. Increased thirst and increased urination are clearly the symptoms of uncontrolled diabetes.Since you are already a known diabetic,it means that you not only have to control your diet but also get your treatment revised. Along with dietary control and medications,a diabetic must also do regular aerobic exercises for 45 minutes a day. It is very essential that your diabetes is controlled properly so as to avoid future macro as well as microvascular comolications. Consult your doctor and get blood sugar fasting and PP done along with VIT D and VIT B 12 estimation. I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks