What causes frequent numbness in hands and feet?

Excellent

Question
Hi I am having frequent numbness in my hands/arms and feet. I start getting numbness sensation whenever I am not moving my arms/feet for a while. I got my blood test done and all reports came normal including sugar level. I have office sitting job and wondering if this could the reason? My mother used to have similar numbness problem in winters in her arms while sleeping. She used to get neurobion injections which helped her a great deal. Will neurobion work for me as well? Thanks
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: you might be defecient in B12. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX you might be defecient in B12. have you tested for B12 levels? some families carry risk of low B12, which i think the reason why your mother felt well with neurobion injections. If you can not immediately access the blood test, start NUROKIND GOLD injections, 5 injections on alternate days and see the response. All the best.

Follow-up: What causes frequent numbness in hands and feet? 8 minutes later
my B12 value seems fine. It is 804 pg/ml. I have also attached my reports for reference. so if B12 value is in range...what do you think could be the cause of this problem.

Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Reports seem totally normal. Detailed Answer: Reports seem totally normal. 1) do you consume alcohol? 2) do you have any chronic neck pain

Follow-up: What causes frequent numbness in hands and feet? 3 minutes later
ok. no I don't consume alcohol regularly. may be once in three months in a party. I don't have such chronic neck pain but I do sit for long hours working on laptop.

Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Then you donot have any reason to worry. Detailed Answer: Ok. Then you donot have any reason to worry. I do not call your problem a disease, but a "tendency" to tingle due to constant positions, work stress, anxiety and weather changes. Make sure that you don't keep your nerves rest for long (like prolonged sitting), stretch up now and then, avoid too much air conditioned rooms. You may try Tab. Maxgalin 75 mg at night times. The last test you might need after some time if the problem remains bothering you is NCV study. All the best.