What causes frequent headaches?

I get headaches quite frequently -specially if i am looking at some data / numbers for a long time or if there is a change in temprature around me. At that time, i feel like throwing up and very giddy and it is difficult for me to even keep my eyes open. Whenever i see the headache coming, i pop a combiflam and then it is fine. In case i dont, it really aggreviates.
Posted Fri, 7 Mar 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Need some more details Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. How is your eye sight. Do you wear spectacles ? Do you get headache when you are out in sunlight? Does it pain in the entire head or the part of it ? Since when do you have this problem ? Waiting for your reply,
Follow-up: What causes frequent headaches? 7 hours later
Thanks Doctor. My eye sight is it checked 6 months back. I dont wear spectacles. YEs, the headache also comes when i am out in the sun for a long time, though i normally avoid it to be safe.....the ache is generally sometimes in the left side and sometime in the right side and sometimes center of the head.....i used to get headaches even while i was 10 years old.....
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 21 hours later
Brief Answer: Vascular headache Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the information. Based on the description provided your headache seems to be due to vascular in origin. Migraine could be one possibility. instead of taking Combiflam do take Vasograin. If Vasograin helps well, it confirms the fact that cause for the headache is vascular. Then you may have to be put on special medication like Ergot alkaloid derivatives for long term relief. Discuss the same with your primary physician. Wish you good health. regards,