What causes frequent headache and knee pain?

Very Frequent headache.Almost every second day. Knee pain is also very frequent.
Posted Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer: get plain CT scan of brain done Detailed Answer: Hello, Headaches at this frequency is not a good sign. In my view, you should be getting a plain CT scan of the brain to rule out organic brain lesions. Hence, please go ahead with it. It is also better to be evaluated by a Medical Neurologist to look into the underlying cause for your headache. You also seem to have frequent knee pain. This can be due to low calcium or osteoarthritis. Please get a serum calcium test done along with Vitamin D levels. Meanwhile, you can start yourself on Tablet Shelcal HD once daily. This is calcium supplement that is available over the counter. Continue to take crocin when the headache is severe. Wish you good health.
Follow-up: What causes frequent headache and knee pain? 23 minutes later
Hi Doctor, Thanks for a quick response. will it possible to get the plain CT scan done without doctor's prescription? I am in Gurgaon and if you can suggest a good neurologist. thanks/regards
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: you need prescription for the same Detailed Answer: Hello, You would need a doctor's prescription to get the CT scan of brain done. I am sorry; personally I am unaware of neurologists in Gurgaon. However, there are reviews written by our users about doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area at the below link WWW.WWWW.WW Hope this helps you. Regards,