What causes frequent cold and cough?

I suffer from cold and cough very frequently. Cold and cough gets cured in around 3-4 days, but sour throat remains for a longer period, atleast 3-4 weeks. Though nothing comes out when I cough, but my throat is under a lot of pressure and pain due to it. This occurs to me very frequently during any kind of season change, even from summers to rainy season. My doc got me tested for sugar and ACE level test. Sugar came out to be in range (96), while ACE level is 105, which I think is on the higher side. Could you please suggest me the possible impact?
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Symptoms are suggestive of UACS. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting the query on HCM. After going through your query, I would like to comment the following: 1. Considering your symptoms, you seem to be suffering from seasonal allergic rhinitis with post nasal drip or Upper airway cough syndrome. 2. Serum ACE levels are normally done to rule out sarcoidosis. I would like to know how is your chest xray findings? Is it suggestive of hilar adenopathy? Do you have any palpable lymphnode in the body? Do you have any past history of TB? Any other major diesease or any other symptoms? Any significant investigation report in recent times? Any skin lesions? PLease do let me know the above so that I can answer more specifically. The symptoms per say are suggestive of only UACS. Regards Dr. Mishra MBBS MD DNB Consultant Pulmonologist
Follow-up: What causes frequent cold and cough? 45 minutes later
hi doctor, thank you for your response. an xray has also been done of chest. it has some white patches in centre. me or my family donot have any history of tb. though my mother was diagnosed with sarcoid 3 yrs back and she is fine now. i wouuld like to know is sarcoid trasmittible disease? or is it heriditory? is ace at 105 level critical? what is the treatment and possibility of complete cure? where can i meet you?
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: Sarcoid is a disease with immunological etiology. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the follow up. After going through your follow up query, I would like to comment the following: 1. Sarcoidosis is a multisystemic disease of immunological etiology leading to inflammation and granulomas at various sites in the body. This patient resource will help you know about sarcoid. WWW.WWWW.WW If you are interested in the specific medical details about sarcoidosis, then you may read my article: WWW.WWWW.WW 2. It has not proven to be hereditary disease and neither is it transmissible or infectious. ACE levels can rise in other conditions also. Ideally a tissue diagnosis is required for sarcoidosis. Treatment can keep sarcoidosis under control. 3. You need to get yourself evaluated by a Pulmonologist / Chest Physician. Any Chest Physician / Pulmonologist near your location would be able to evaluate you. A list of pulmonologist / chest physicians near your location can be searched on this website. I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries. Regards Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra MBBS MD DNB Consultant Pulmonologist