What causes frequent bloody bowel movements?

In the past 24 hours, I have had frequent bowel movements of mostly blood that appears brighter red in color. My pain has been mild in my left abdomen below my belly button. In the past 6 months, I have been diagnosed with genital herpes. I have hemmoroids that do not hurt but come out very large when I strain to have a bowel movement. In the past 6 months, I have had a abdomen CT with contrast that showed nothing but a small kidney stone forming. (I have passed one stone about 2 years ago).
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Further tests advised.... Detailed Answer: Hi, I read your medical history and understood your concerns. The symptoms you are having might be related to - aggravation of hemorrhoids - intestinal infection/inflammation I suggest to run further tests : - abdominal ultrasound - culture of feces for candida/bacteria - examination of stool for ova/parasites - complete blood profile Depending on the results, specific treatment will be prescribed. Meanwhile, I advise to: - avoid constipation - keep good local hygiene - drink more water - avoid anal sex Hope it was of help! Dr.Klerida
Follow-up: What causes frequent bloody bowel movements? 22 hours later
Could these symptoms be related to any sexually transmitted diseases like HIV? Would you recommend a colonostomy (sp?)
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 20 hours later
Brief Answer: Further diagnostic tests are advised.... Detailed Answer: Hi back, Thank you for following up. HIV manifestations do vary including diarrhea (with malabpsortion and inmbalance of intestinal flora). Usually, HIV is associated with Herpes simplex virus, which is associated with intestinal and genital manifestations. I do suggest to run further diagnostic tests to exclude intestinal inflammatory diseases (croh's, ulcerative colitis,etc) : - colonoscopy - hiv testing - and other tests as suggested earlier. Depending on the test results, further specific treatment will be prescribed. All the best! Dr.Klerida