What causes foul smelling vaginal discharge?
User rating for this question
I think i have trichiomonis or bv the smell is foul no weird color i get head aches but no itching or anything
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 4 hours later
Brief Answer: I would be happy to help Detailed Answer: The most common infections that will produce an abnormal, foul smelling discharge are the two infections that you mentioned. While BV is not considered an STD, trichomonas IS considered an STD. So until this is treated, you MUST NOT have intercourse. Also, you should consider an exam with a doctor to check for other STD's that can also cause an abnormal discharge, such as gonorrhea. The ONE treatment that will cure you of either of these infections is: Metronidazole 500mg twice daily for 7 days. This is only available from a doctor with a prescription. I hope that this helps and good luck!
People also viewed
- What causes foul smelling vaginal discharge
- What causes vaginal discharge with fishy smell
- Diagnosis of Vaginal atrophy
- Symptoms of Thickened endometrium
- How to get rid of gum overgrowth
- Thickened endometrium causes
- Will coconut oil helps to grow moustache?
- What causes bad smell from vaginal discharge
- Role of susten 300 for getting preganancy
- What cause vaginal discharge
- Diarrhea, nausea, headache chills sees black spots
- Foul smelling vaginal discharge no itching what is it
- Thin endometrium causes
- Symptoms of Thin endometrium
- What injury to fake to get painkillers