What causes foul smelling vaginal discharge?

I think i have trichiomonis or bv the smell is foul no weird color i get head aches but no itching or anything
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 4 hours later
Brief Answer: I would be happy to help Detailed Answer: The most common infections that will produce an abnormal, foul smelling discharge are the two infections that you mentioned. While BV is not considered an STD, trichomonas IS considered an STD. So until this is treated, you MUST NOT have intercourse. Also, you should consider an exam with a doctor to check for other STD's that can also cause an abnormal discharge, such as gonorrhea. The ONE treatment that will cure you of either of these infections is: Metronidazole 500mg twice daily for 7 days. This is only available from a doctor with a prescription. I hope that this helps and good luck!