What causes fordyce spots on penis?

Doctor, I am 29 and single. I got a pimple like thing on my penis for quite some time now and it won't go away. It is located on the shaft but there is no pain, it won't spread, every other function is just normal. When I touch it, it feels like there's something like a small piece of pulse or something under the skin. So kindly advise as to what I should do about it or who should I see for this. Thank You.
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 3 hours later
Brief Answer: KINDLY attach photographs. Detailed Answer: Welcome to the forum. Unless examined, it is not possible to diagnose. Kindly provide me some photographs to give some suggestions. You have an option to upload the photographs on the right side of the page. Truly,
Follow-up: What causes fordyce spots on penis? 1 hour later
Uploaded the photos you requested for . . . kindly get back to me as soon as possible.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Prominent sebaceous glands------------------------ Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome back. I had a good look at the images. These look like Fordyce spots - just prominent sebaceous glands visible under the penile skin. Fordyce spots are visible sebaceous glands that are present in most individuals. They appear on the genitals and/or in the mouth. They appear as small, painless, raised, pale, red or white spots or bumps 1 to 3 mm in diameter that may appear on the scrotum, shaft of the penis or on the labia. They are not associated with any disease or illness, nor are they infectious but rather they represent a natural occurrence on the body. No treatment is therefore required, unless there is cosmetic concern. Hope, I have give you some input on this lesion. Truly,