What causes fluttering sensation and occasional cramp on ovary side with heavy clotted periods?
User rating for this question
Im 34 and have been having fluttering sensation and occassional cramp on my right ovary side and for the past two periods extremely heavy clotted periods could you tell me what this could be? I have not had children. When i was twenty yrs old i had a laporoscopy and the dr said i had a large ovary on that side, released a few eggs at a time and that there were sone cysts but none to worry about on my ovary. could it be a rupturing cyst?
Posted Sat, 7 Dec 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Sonogram and a clinical exam needed. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. As the diagnosis of ovarian cysts was done so long ago, it remains to be seen if they are still persisting or have subsided. The cause of your current symptoms could be related to hormonal effects as well as uterine causes. I would ask you to see a specialist and get a proper evaluation. You would need a physical exam, sonogram-pelvic/trans-vaginal, complete hormonal profile, blood counts and urinalysis. Sometimes, ovulation can cause mild cramping on that side. Heavy periods are usually associated with uterine fibroids, hormonal disorders including thyroid anomalies and infections. A rupturing ovarian cyst, though can go unnoticed, causes excruciating pain and shock at times. It can be seen only in a sonogram study. Therefore, a complete evaluation would be needed to clarify the issue. Hope your query has been answered. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help. regards, Shanti.V.
People also viewed
- Lump behind ear with rash
- What causes delay in periods with cramping
- Lower back injury from punch
- Cramping and light spotting after period what is the cause
- Luminous urine ivf
- After taking unwanted 72 if periods doesnt start within 15 days
- Lower back pain during 9th day of cycle
- What causes irregular periods and polycystic ovaries
- Low platelet count cause death
- Menstrual cycle change from 28 to 21 days
- Does siphene regularise periods from 1st month
- Ehlers danlos cause heavy periods cramps
- 27 years old no beard
- Strone 200 capsule still no periods
- What causes heavy bleeding clots and prolonged periods