What causes fluid emmision from lower leg?

Just noticed my 93 yr old mother has some fluid emitting from her lower leg--has no pain.
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Are her legs swollen? Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. Please can you confirm whether she had swollen legs or not. This will help me to provide a more personalized answer. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks. Dr. Ditah MD.
Follow-up: What causes fluid emmision from lower leg? 5 minutes later
No--visually look normal.She has been such a warrior, that I want to do everthing possible to keep her recovery going well. Thanks so much for your prompt response.
Brief Answer: Thanks fo rthe follow up! Detailed Answer: Considering all the information that you have provided, it is difficult to pinpoint what the exact cause is. Take a closer look to make sure there is not scratch wound or bruise that ay explain this. It could also be related to venous insufficiency but difficult without any visible swelling. I am sure this is not related to the mastectomy as I have not found any possible relationship between the two. Until we gather some more information that can help orient us, I will suggest that she raises her legs while sitting to facilitate blood flow to the heart and prevent any stagnation and possible fluid losses from the limbs. I hope you find this helpful. I wish you well. I also wish your mother the best of health. Feel free to ask for more information if need be. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Follow-up: What causes fluid emmision from lower leg? 2 hours later
We have a several inches if snow here , should I try to get her to an urgent care?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 4 hours later
Brief Answer: NO Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for following up with me. There is no need to rush her to an urgent care now. There is no life threatening condition right now that can justify that. However, plan on meeting her doctor for a complete examination as soon as possible. I hope this helps. I wish her well. Dr. Ditah, MD.