What causes feet ache, tingling , swelling, numbness and color change of feet?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
september 2001 bilateral hip replacement i was 36 now having major issues both feet ache feel like frostbitten all time constant pain tingling swelling feet always cold swelling in left calf toes have turned black time or two about 2hours on feet hurts like hell spend rest of day with paintoes numb all time heels hurt like stonew bruiseco9uld all this be repurcussion of surgery
Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: I don't feel these are the effects from surgery. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your query. At this outset, I would first rule out circulatory disturnbances. It can be the cause of pain and color changes of toes. It is unlikely due to past hip surgeries. I would recommend that you report back to the surgeon. He/she should examine you and then order for color doppler of both limbs. He may also order for X-ray lumbosacral spine in AP and Lateral view, xray of pelvis with both hips. I expect your doctors to get to the root after the problem via these basic investigations. Till then you can take some painkillers like aceclofenac and apply hot packs at lower back and affected foot. Avoid weight lifting , pushing and pulling heavy weights. I hope you have got your answer. Thanks. Dr.Singh.