What causes feeling of warmth and pressure in ears?

ENT Specialist
Hi, Few days back I went to attend a sports event. After coming from that event next day i started feeling tht both my ears are hot or warm from inside. then I applied drops and after few days fo applcition my left ear felt much better and yes next day I had bit of gidiness. I could feel teh fluctuation of rpessure in ears as it was getting blocked. Now the blocking thign is not there. But my right ear is having some discomfort in the skin I can feel more like burning. the skin inside is senstive . And yesterday have developed throat pain also.
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: can be indicator of start of an infective process Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. First of all, let me state that your symptoms do not specifically point to a diagnosis. The possible explanation can be an eczema like thing in the external auditory canals on both sides on exposure to the external environment. This can lead to a feeling of warmth in ears. Some itching also is usually there. Application of ear drops help in such a situation. The other explanation can be a hyperemia of the middle ears which can give like to similar symptoms including some giddiness also. The hyperemia can also lead to some edema of mucosal lining of middle ear and can lead to Eustachian tube blockade and the feeling of pressure can be explained with this. If there is no superadded infection, most of such conditions resolve on the own. Right ear should also be fine in few days if the body fights back and condition resolves. But if all the symptoms were the signs of a infective process starting, then the use of oral and nasal decongestants and analgesics will help along with antihistaminics ans warm saline gargles. If the problem does not resolve, antibiotics in consultation of an ENT should be started. Your throat pain is pointing towards an infective process in the upper respiratory tract and saline gargles and steam inhalation should help. Feel free to ask another query. Regards