What causes feeling of unconsciousness before sleeping?

I feel like passing out when about to sleep and get a funny taste in my mouth
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in Valvular Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Causes to passing out&funny taste in mouth... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your medical history and you are reporting to have valvular heart disease, for which you have been prescribed some medications. Could you please give more details on the medications you might be taking currently? The use of certain drugs could give funny taste and passing out. I'd suggest to : - consult cardiologist to re-evaluate the state of your heart and valvules - do some other tests : ECG, Holter monitoring, cardiac ECHO - measure BP and blood sugar when you have such episodes - do abdominal ultrasound - get measured the liver enzymes, together with complete blood profile and biochemistry testing. All these testing and consultations are necessary to understand if the funny taste and passing out feeling you have is due to metabolic problems (such as liver or renal failure, diabetic acidosis ect.) or heart valves. Looking forward to kindly have the requested data! Thank you! Dr.Benard