What causes feeling of heat in body?

Hi, from last three months i am feeling my body was very heat, especially my eyes, hands(Plam) foot. While i am sleeping i feel some hot air is coming out. I dont have any health issues till date. Please advice me what is the reason and what is the treatment. If possible please suggest me some medicines. Thanks & Regards, XXXX
Posted Fri, 14 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 5 hours later
Brief Answer: need investigations Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I have read your query. Feeling heat in body could be a symptom of over-functioning thyroid gland. I would suggest you to get your thyroid function test (TFT) done that would include T3, T4, and TSH. Also, get a routine hemogram done. Feeling of body heat could be due to increased metabolic rate as well. This can be normal. I would suggest you to take plenty of fluids orally, more of tender coconut water and butter milk. If the reports are normal, nothing to be worried about. You can take a daily supplement of mutivitamins like Capsule becosules once daily. This will help in maintaining your general health. Hope this helps you.