What causes feeling of heartbeat behind the ears and neck?

I seem to be hearing my heartbeat and seems that its right behind my ears in my neck.I am 65 and only take 25mg hydrochlorothiazide and rampril once a day.It has to be quiet,but its almost as if I can feel it as well.
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: Monitor BP consult cardiologist&Neurologist.... Detailed Answer: Hi i read your query very carefully. Based on your medical data and your complaints i would like to suggest to measure your blood pressure and to consult a cardiologist. Also cardiac ECHO and 24 hour BP monitoring should be done. Also i recommend to consult a neurologist for further neurological examinations (head CT scan). Hope it was of help! Feel free to ask me other questions you might have! Dr.Benard