What causes feeeling of electrical pulses through neck and shoulders?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I keep getting light electrical pulses through my neck and across my right shoulder area, could these be signs of a blood clot on nerves or a sign of a stroke/
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Compression of nerve in cervical spine. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. According to your symptoms it looks like there is compression of nerve in cervical [neck area] spine. This leads to electrical pulses across your shoulder area. You may need to take x ray or MRI spine to see for severity of nerve compression. Some medication like methylcobalamine with muscle relaxant and analgesic will help, you can take them consulting your treating doctor. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care
Follow-up: What causes feeeling of electrical pulses through neck and shoulders? 2 hours later
I hoped it was merely that I need to go to the chiropractor, I thought I read it could be sign of heart or stroke and I am glad to hear you do not think it is either. but this cost me half a visit to my chiropractor to find out, but still cheaper than visit to regular doctor office.
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Appreciate your reviews about this service Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. I am glad to know that I could address your concern. Please close this discussion, if you do not have any other queries. I would appreciate your reviews about this service. Hope this helps you. You can consult me again directly through my profile WWW.WWWW.WW Regards.