What causes fatigue,itchiness,groin pain,appetite loss and difficulty swallowing with lump behind ear?

Hi there I have been having non specific symptoms,over the last few months, severe fatigue, itchy skin, pain in right groin pelvic area, loss of appetite, difficulty swallowing solid food, and in the last two weeks a pea sized firm painless lump behind my right ear. I also have altered taste and my saliva sometimes tastes sweet
Posted Mon, 20 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following answer. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your medical history carefully and understood your concerns. Before running into conclusions, I'd like to have more of your medical data as following: - have you been/traveled to other country recently (before/during the symptoms onset)? - have you had flu or other upper respiratory infection recently? - are you currently taking any drug? - do you suffer of any other disease/condition? Meanwhile, I'd suggest to run some lab tests in order to identify the real cause to your symptoms: - do complete blood profile - do some biochemical tests for liver/pancreas/kidney function - perform chest X-ray - do upper endoscopy - consult ENT specialist and gastroenterologist to further evaluate your current health condition Looking forward to kindly have the requested data. Dr.Benard
Follow-up: What causes fatigue,itchiness,groin pain,appetite loss and difficulty swallowing with lump behind ear? 1 hour later
Thank you for your reply , i haven't recently travelled, or had any colds or flu . My last bloods were done about 6 months ago all normal but for a slightly raised esr at 25, my doc felt at the time it was nothing to worry about, today I have a new lump on my shoulder between my neck and shoulder, it's quite large , rubbery and itchy it was the itch drew my attention to it, have been thrown on the couch almost all day, :( I am not on any meds, I have a hx of hyperthyroidism , b12 deficiency, under control and recently checked all within normal limits, I was hoping my vCard symptoms,were thyroid related as it would have been an answer for my fatigue but tft are normal
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 22 hours later
Brief Answer: Please follow the suggestions below... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX Thank you for sending me more of your medical data. I strongly suggest to repeat your blood work especially ESR. High ESR is indicative of infection. I would also suggest to consult a ENT specialist and a gastroenterologist specialist because you need a good physical examination. If you have other concerns I would be glad to assist you further. Dr.Benard
Follow-up: What causes fatigue,itchiness,groin pain,appetite loss and difficulty swallowing with lump behind ear? 13 hours later
Thank you I went to my family doctor yesterday I was feeling like a hypochondriac but your response gave me the boost to go back to my doctor, she has repeated my bloods and doesn't like the look or feel of the lumps and based on my symptoms is referring me for an urgent review by a surgeon who will probably biopsy the lumps, I am scared of the outcome as googling my symptoms it comes back with horror stories, I am hopeful that it's nothing sinister but scared all the same, I have four young children that need their mommy to be in tip top condition, thank you
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Lymph-nodes biopsy determines the right diagnosis Detailed Answer: Hi again, Thank you for following up. It is great that you have redone your blood work together with biopsy. I understand your worries of a dedicated mother, however, please bare in mind that taking material for biopsy does not necessarily mean there is something serious. It is to confirm/clear up all the doubts and to get the right diagnosis. Have faith my dear; God will help you and your four sweeties. Have patience and get the results first and follow your physician's directions accordingly. Looking forward to have the results of your tests in! Thank you! Dr.Benard