What causes fatigue with mascular pain,sore throat,dry cough and forehead pain?

Hello I feel terrible. Its been going on for at least 8/10 weeks now - Symptoms are. Extreme fatigue. Muscular pain. Sore throat. Dry cough. Piercing pain in middle of forehead when coughing. Swollen glands (or things under jaw)! General situation. 39 year old male, non smoker. A little stressed following failure of business. Slightly high blood pressure av 142/90 ish - not being treated at the moment. 4 years ago had a nasty dose of glandular fever. Long term dry cough. Blood tests done for my insurers done about a year ago, cholesterol, sugars, Etc. all good. I'm living in France and struggle communicating symptom details in French. Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Can be due to Bronchitis. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. It seems from the information you have submitted that you are dealing with a moderate degree of bronchitis. It can be due to a viral infection causing you the symptoms like fatigue muscle pains and headache. I know that you are not asthmatic by your medical history but it is possible that you developed a degree of temporary asthma due to the inflammation inside your airways. This is a relatively common thing in a moderate bronchitis. I think at this time you would derive the greatest benefit by using an inhaler. The inhaler I would recommend for you is albuterol in combination with a steroid inhaler. These are commonly prescribed medications for patients with bad bronchitis. You can take two puffs inhaled three or four times daily as needed for a few days. This medication does a really good job at helping the airways relax. What you're dealing with right now involves spasm of the airways due to the inflammation from the bronchitis. I really think you would get a significant degree of relief after a day or two of using one of these inhalers. You can consult your physician and get these prescribed for relief. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL