What causes fatigue with headache and apetite loss when suffering from hypertenstion?

my bp is 150 over 95 I am 5 7 and 170 lb I have been tired all day in bed with back aches, headaches, super tired.
Posted Fri, 21 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Life style modifications, Drugs for BP.Ibuprofen Detailed Answer: Hi, thanks for using HCM. I went through the query and understood your concern. Since your BP is 150/95, I advice you to start antihypertensive medications. This may be the cause of your head ache and tiredness. If I was your treating doctor I would have started with ARBs like telmisartan or losartan or CCB like amlodepine along with the drug for cholesterol. With the drugs you are required to do life style modifications like regular exercises for 150 minutes a week and salt restriction. Maintain your body weight under normal range. Along with the above measures for now you can take a NSAID(Ibuprofen) with muscle relaxant (like tizanidine) with plenty of water. This will help in relieving pain and tiredness. Also get done TSH level, renal function test once to rule out any thyroid and renal problem. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Regards