What causes fatigue with frequent cold and sore throat?

My self XXXXXXX I am 23 Male, feeling little tired all the day, frequently attacking cold some time sore/dry throat, less quality sleep, skin darkening, deep eyes, hair loss. these are the my symptoms, since last 1-2 months i am not felling well and feeling very tired and weak my face and skin looks dry dark and old ( I am fair previously). every body asking me you looks like sleepy and tired. what cause these symptoms . Please suggest me whether I have to take any supplements or required any blood test or other tests. 1. I can be fresh and energized through out the day 2. My skin and hair will be healthy and glow like previous. 3. and boost my immunity. Please please help me out.
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get the investigations done as advised Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. I fully understand your concerns regarding your failing health. 1. Firstly, nasal allergy is the apparent cause of your common cold symptoms. You will get substantial relief with Azelastin Nasal spray + oral anti-allergic drugs, such as Montelukast and Levoceterizine twice daily. 2. Secondly, the probable causes of other symptoms are either, anemia, worms infestation, under-active thyroid and Multi-Vitamin (A, B complex and D) deficiency; or, constant mental stress. 3. Get the following investigations done :- Hemoglobin level (for anemia), Thyroid Hormone Profile (for under-active thyroid) and Blood Sugar (to rule out diabetes). 4. Take Vitamin A & D and B-complex supplements TWICE daily initially. also, take a single-tablet deworming course of Albendazole (400mg): repeat the tablet after 3 days. 5. If you are suffering from chronic mental stress/anxiety/depression, a regular course of anti-psychotic drugs will revert your body condition to normal. 6. Further treatment would depend on the tests' reports. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with me and will prescribe the advised drugs in appropriate doses. You are welcome to share the test reports with me for further advice, if you feel like. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Take care Dr. Rakesh Karanwal
Follow-up: What causes fatigue with frequent cold and sore throat? 22 minutes later
I am very pleasant with your feedback, I hope it will solve my problem. Currently I am taking Revital Multivitamin Tablets (is it fine or i have to take any other supplements) I would take all the tests which you suggested (is this covers my skin and hair problems also) ? what anti-psychotic drugs when should I consult for this treatment ? Is there any counter medicines that I have to follow for allergies/ Cold (suggested by you) ? Thanks and Regards, XXXX
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Recommended supplements are mentioned below Detailed Answer: Revital contains only normal daily requirements of supplements. It will NOT have a beneficial effect. Hence, take the following supplements SEPARATELY:- - Vitamin A capsule containing 6000IU of vitamin A daily } - Tab Alpha D3 0.5 micrograms once a day } for dry skin - B-complex tablets: at least one tablet three times a day for a month, which will revert the vitamins' deficiencies. - Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin) (available as Tab Mecobal OD 1500 micrograms) one tablet daily. (ALL products mentioned above are available with all Chemists' shops). If you are indeed suffering from mental stress, I will recommend that you consult a Psychiatrist, who will prescribe and subsequently adjust the doses, depending on the response. Finally, if thyroid problem is detected, daily thyroid hormone replacement therapy will cure ALL your problems, including lack of energy, tiredness, skin and hair problems. Take care
Follow-up: What causes fatigue with frequent cold and sore throat? 23 hours later
Hello Sir as per your suggestion Yesterday I had HB and thyroid profile test, may be today or tomorrow the reports will come. Dear sir is there any counter supplements/ Products which can be effective for specially reduce hair fall and give healthy thick hair. (because my hair is becoming very thin day by day and too much falling).
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Treatment of root cause of hairfall is required Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX It's the treatment of the root cause of hair fall, which will give relief. Let us wait for thyroid profile report. If it turns out to be normal, then other possible causes, such as, persistent mental stress, severe dandruff or low Testosterone levels will have to be investigated for. No over-the-counter product will help stopping hair-fall. Treating blindly would be a sheer waste of money with no relief.