What causes fatigue and low energy when on HCG diet?

Gastroenterologist
Question
HI! I AM XXXXXXX I AM ON HCG DIET, AND I REALLY HAVE A PROBLEM BEING SO WEAK AND TIRED ALL DAY, DON'T KNOW WHY, WHEN I HAVE SUPPER I START TO FEEL STRONGER, I LOVE THE PROGRAM, BUT HAVE NO ENERGY OR WANT TO, WHAT'S WRONG?
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Advised to change diet program&monitor glycemia... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX There is nothing wrong with you. Feeling fatigued and with no energy is related to the diet you are following as it restricts the calories taken per day. If it was your doctor enrolling you in such program, I suggest to discuss with him/her about what you are experiencing for further evaluation. Although it is a must that you should lose weight, however, it does not mean that it will be with the cost of feeling with no energy or unwell. There are various diet programs you can enroll in order to succeed in losing weight and controlling your diabetes. You should also monitor your blood sugar levels in order to adjust the drugs you are currently taking for diabetes. Hope it was of help! Dr.Klerida