What causes fatigue, allergic reaction, rush, dizziness and muscle pain inspite of using metoprolol and ramipril?

Dec. 27, 2013 I had my aorta valve replaced with a metal one. I had never had blood pressure problems, cholesterol problems, etc.. It may have gone bad due to strep a lot as a kid. The side effects of Warfarin alone I might be able to take. With Ramapril 2.5 and Metoprolol 50 which I stopped taking a few days ago myself due to intense itch and rash, I have side effects of muscle weakness, dizziness, fatigue, and some of the others. I am wondering if I even need Ramapril and Metoprolol. It looks like many doctors prescribes them as protocol. Since stopping Metroprolol a few days ago 95% of the itch rash is gone though I still have muscle soreness, some dizziness at times, etc. My doctor said It was chronic I take them. I'm not sure I buy that.
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in Valvular Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Stop them immediately, take only warfarin. Detailed Answer: Hi I read your query very carefully. The use of metoprolol and ramipril may be accompanied with fatigue, allergic reaction and rush, dizziness and muscle pain. So what you are experiencing may be due to side effects of metoprolol and ramipril. I recommend stopping them immediately and talk again with your doctor. Based on medical data you provided I suggest taking only warfarin and to monitor your blood pressure and heart rate. For the moment it seems that you don’t need other medications. Hope it answer to your query! Dr. Benard