What causes faster heart beats and chest pain?

I am having faster heart beats(Pulse count 110-120) and chest pain. I feel a pressing kind of feeling in my chest. There is a pricking kind of chest pain and i sometimes feel a pricking kind of pain in my arms also. My echo cardiography reported no abnormalities and my stress test (TMT) was negative. I had also done CT coronary angiography but it was a suboptimal study and was negative. I am feeling a shortness of breath too. I am a smoker and I had been smoking for last 10 years. I am enclosing my CT coronary angiography report. Please help
Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: other causes should be rule out Detailed Answer: Hi I m dr XXXXXXX pleased to answer your health related query If there is no heart related problems, I would like to check your thyroid related problem or anxiety related problem I advised you to quit smoking as soon ad possible, because apart from your general health, it may worsen your ankylosing spondylitis. Your chest pain may be due to anklosing spondylitis or may be a part of anxiety related disease See your rheumatologist and discuss with him/ her Hope this will help Dr XXXXXXX
Follow-up: What causes faster heart beats and chest pain? 3 hours later
Can i breathe easy that there is no cardiac problem?
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: mostly yes Detailed Answer: Hi Yes if there is no breathing problem, no swelling in the body, no chest pain on exertion--- means no heart related pronlem