What causes false reading for methadone in a urine test?

Hi may name is XXXX I had a urine test done on site and was tested pos. methadone I have never taken the drug. I am using hydrocodone, citalopram HBR,Xanax,meloxicam,levothyrox,metformin,Diltia,i bprofin will any of these meds give a false reading for methadone.
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hydrocodone will react. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. Hydrocodone is the culprit in your case, this belongs to the same class of medicines, that is opioids, the drug screening does not differentiate very well the closely related medicines hence your result turned out positive. You should show them your prescription for hydrocodone, that will clear you. Don't worry, please present your prescription for hydrocodone, they will understand. I hope this answers your query, please feel free to revert back if you have any additional questions for me. Kind regards.