What causes false positive meth results?

i recently had a false positive of meth at a level 0.005 show in a blood test i am on albeutrol sulfate inhaler and inabulaizer, morphine sulfate, oxycodone, xanax, mobic, lantus, novolog,lyrica XXXXXXX everyday i had surgery and was given methadone also to help with pain where i have been on pain managment for years when i had my teeth cut out. i also have allergies and had been sick and taken sudafed with my albutrol and afrin nasal spray will that cause such a low false poaitive i truly do not do meth never seen it. they also put me to sleep but i dont know with what medication
Posted Mon, 24 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: may be due to one of sudafed components Detailed Answer: HI, thanks for using healthcare magic There are quite a few drugs that can cause false positive meth results. Included in the potential list of agents that can cause a false positive result are ephedrine and pseudoephedrine. These are decongestants and it is possible that one of these may be in the sudafed that you were using for your allergies. You should inform the person or persons responsible for conducting the test about this potential interaction. There are additional confirmatory tests that can be done in some cases to more accurately determine if meth is present. I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions