What causes faiting and pale skin?

My 11 year old son Fainted anout 3 weeks ago he has only had that ine episode so far he has been looking pale with dark circles under his eyes he also gets hot flashes am very worried and terrified can you tell me what ot could be
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Anemia or low hemoglobin is likely Detailed Answer: Hello, I have read your query, and I am sorry about your son's current health condition. Going by the history you have narrated, it seems like your son is low on hemoglobin or it is called anemia, in medical terms. Looking pale, the fainting episode, - it mostly suggests low hemoglobin count. I would suggest you to get his complete blood count test done to confirm the same. More often, children in his age experience this due to strenuous physical activity and lack of energy at times. Hence, water and electrolyte disturbance could have caused this fainting spell as well. The hot flashes cannot be co-related with anemia. However, it can be related to over-exhaustion that your son might have experienced during the fainting episode. Please get the routine investigations done for your son. You need not be worried and terrified about this as this is not serious medical condition. Let me know if you have more concerns. I would be glad to help you. Regards,
Follow-up: What causes faiting and pale skin? 5 hours later
thank you for your response as for the hot flashes he he gets them in and off even before he fainted what would causes that I jist want my baby to feel normal
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 15 hours later
Brief Answer: over-exhaustion Detailed Answer: Hello, Hot flashes in your son at 11yrs of age is mostly due to over-exhaustion. This is because of excess physical activities by the kids of his age. So, at times, the stress hormones would be inadequate, leading to the exhaustion and hot flashes. You do not worry much about it now. Make sure he drinks enough fluids orally daily. He is normal; however, please get the earlier mentioned investigations done to be on the safer side. Regards,