What causes fainting and hot flashes in children?

Pediatrician, Neonatology
i am waiting for my sons blood test results his PvP said that it was not enema that they had tested him at the hospital my son still has tje pale lookong skin still gets hot flashes should I request mri next I feel like am not getting any answers o know my son amd know when he is not feeling well but he is very passive amd told me he says he feels good to not make me worry. ...I had sent a request for some sort of answer about 11 days or so ago it started witj my 11 year old son fainting in the Wal-Mart parking lot it was about 3pm or so I still have no answers am worried and terrified he gets hot flashes looks pale I should he getting his blood results monday but was told that his blood tests from the ER were normal please if you can give me some sort of answers I would greatly appreciate it
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 4 hours later
Brief Answer: yes he needs more investigations Detailed Answer: Hi, Yes I agree with you he should be investigated with MRI brain and ultrasound abdomen ( to rule out adrenal problems) apart from the blood tests. I am sure theory have tested his sugar and blood pressure. Pallor, fainting and hot flashes- a combination of symptoms needs to rule out the following Anemia Adrenal problems Vasovagal attacks. Do not worry. Sure they will complete all investigations. God bless Dr Uma
Follow-up: What causes fainting and hot flashes in children? 2 minutes later
thank you for your response god bless
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: welcome Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome wish your son speedy recovery Dr Uma