What causes face and ears to turn red and hot after a bowel movement?
User rating for this question
My face and ears turned red and hot after a bowel movement that was not strained?
Posted Fri, 28 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need clarification.. Detailed Answer: Hello dear, I have read your query and understood your concern. I will like ask you following questions: 1) was it a single episode or it happens every time you pass stools? 2) Are you diabetic? 3) any history of excess alcohol consumption? 4) any other complaint like blood pressure? 5) history of similar episode on taking spicy food or during emotions? Kindly reply to my questions so that I can advice you further. Good luck.
Follow-up: What causes face and ears to turn red and hot after a bowel movement? 18 minutes later
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: normal response, dont worry Detailed Answer: Hello dear, Welcome again. If it was a single episode that lasted for 10 minutes only with no other significant history , then you need not to worry about it. It happens sometimes due to autonomic system stimulation of our body that leads to dilatation of blood vessels. It is reflected as redness over the corresponding areas. But these changes are transient and are normal. So do not get panic . Stay healthy.
People also viewed
- Cant move arms with shoulder pain
- What causes blood and mucous after bowel movement
- Red ring around thigh menstrual
- What causes rectal bleeding after bowel movements
- Cant lift arm sideways
- Cancerous mass upper arm
- What is the cause for bowel movement after every meal
- What causes loose bright red bowel movement
- Feeling fatigued after bowel movement what is causing this
- Hair growth while arm is in cast
- Rash that smells metallic
- Pancreatic cancer and rash on arms
- Poliosis thyroid mental retardation
- I popped a pimple while smoking meth
- Can men use stameta