What causes eye muscle drop?

Hi I would like to have a question about eyes's musclce. do any chemical or acid cause eyes muscle drop
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 5 hours later
My Dear, Thanks for sending your query to us. chemicals and acids effect the surface of the eye.The muscles of the eye are in deeper layers protected by various structures protecting the eye muscles. In cases of strong chemical exposure where the muscles are effected there is trmendous amount of collateral damage and usually the eye becomes a non functioning one. please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.