What causes extreme tierdness,vomiting,shivering and blurred vision after physical exertion?

Hello Sir, Today I had a cricket net practice session. After a session of 45 minutes, i felt very tired,felt like cant stand,felt like vomiting,felt like fingers were shivering and felt like eye sight is fading. I got recovered when I had a cup of water and sat on a chair for 5 minutes . Could you please let me know what could be the reason for this and also please advise whether i need to go for any checkup ?
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Your problems were due to dehydration Detailed Answer: Hi friend, Thanks for your query. You have not mentioned if this is the first time you had this problem. Do let me know if you have additional problems, if any. However, the symptoms are suggestive of exercise-induced severe dehydration, with significant loss of water and salts from your body. Hence, you felt better after taking some water. IBS has nothing to do with your symptoms. If you live in a coastal region with very high humidity, do make it a point to have lot of water WITH a pinch of salt in each glass of water, just before you go in for severe physical exertion. Lastly, if you do have recurrence of similar episode, despite taking lot of water with salt before cricket practice session or any other form of severe exertion, you should then consult a doctor for checkup. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal
Follow-up: What causes extreme tierdness,vomiting,shivering and blurred vision after physical exertion? 42 hours later
Hello Sir, Thanks for your reply. Yes, this is the first time i had this problem.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Take preventive measures before physical exercise Detailed Answer: Hi friend, Nice to hear back from you. You will NEVER have similar problems in future, if you take 2-3 glasses of water WITH salt, prior to severe exertion. All the best and, Have a nice day Dr. (Col) Rakesh Karanwal