What causes extreme constipation at the age of 93?
User rating for this question
Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Follows Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that it is important to consult a doctor in person considering his age and to rule out any abdominal problem as history of fever and constipation are there . There is a possibilty of intestinal obstruction also which needs consideration . An urgent X Ray abdomen standing and USG abdomen is warranted to look for the exact cause . Any treatment can be advised only after determination of cause . If there is no secondary cause for constipation then it can be resolved by giving high fibre diet and lactulose as will be advisable by your treating doctor . You should see a doctor early . Take care. Dr. Shruti
People also viewed
- What causes extreme constipation at the age of 93
- Back pain shortness of breath sonography normal solution
- Extreme constipation during pregnancy
- Is neck, throat, or jaw pain a side effect of sumatriptan?
- Broken arm smashed humeral head burning sensation sore thumb treatment
- Can vyvanse cause extreme constipation
- Late periods period-like pain brown bleeding what is wrong
- Have halitosis gum disease what is it exactly
- What is the treatment for extreme constipation
- Is frequent urge to urinate a side effect of adderall xr?
- Extreme constipation
- Is difficulty with urinating a side effect of scopolamine?
- Is painful or difficult urination a side effect of advil?
- Is lycostar an effective all purpose anti-oxidant
- Is pinpoint red spots on the skin a side effect of tylenol?